Today, our Health Director reported one additional positive test result for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) involving a Windsor Locks resident. The report is based on data collected by the Connecticut Department of Public Health. The person is between the ages of 40 and 49 years of age. No further information about the case was made available. This additional case bring the total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases involving Windsor Locks residents to twenty.
Windsor Locks citizens are asked to do all they can to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. According to the health department, we have entered a period of widespread community transmission, which means that we should not assume that the reported cases are the only infected people within our community.
Residents should follow the guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Connecticut Department of Public Health. The symptoms of COVID-19 are a dry cough, fever and shortness of breath.
- All residents should be practicing social distancing.
- Adults and children should remain home as much as possible.
- Stay home if you are sick except to seek emergency medical care or if advised by your physician.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Frequently wash hands with soap and water for a minimum of twenty seconds.
- Cover your cough and avoid touching your face.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces such as doorknobs, light switches, table and countertops.
Responsible citizenship requires that we take all needed steps to limit the spread of COVID-19.