Today, our Health Director reported three additional positive tests results for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) involving Windsor Locks residents. The report is based on data collected by the Connecticut Department of Public Health. No further information about the cases was made available. These additional cases bring the total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases involving Windsor Locks residents to nineteen.
Windsor Locks citizens are asked to do all they can to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. According to the health department, we have entered a period of widespread community transmission, which means that we should not assume that the reported cases are the only cases within our community.
Residents should follow the guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Connecticut Department of Public Health. The symptoms of COVID-19 are a dry cough, fever and shortness of breath.
All residents should be practicing social distancing.
- Adults and children should remain home as much as possible.
- Stay home if you are sick except to seek emergency medical care or if advised by your physician.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Frequently wash hands with soap and water for a minimum of twenty seconds.
- Cover your cough and avoid touching your face.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces such as doorknobs, light switches, table and countertops.
Responsible citizenship requires that we take all needed steps to limit the spread of COVID-19.