Today we received a report from our Health Director of three additional positive test result for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) involving Windsor Locks residents. One person is between the age of 30 and 39, one between the age of 40 and 49 and one between the age of 60 and 69. No new deaths were reported. These reports are based on data collected by the Connecticut Department of Public Health. No further information about the cases was made available. These additional cases bring the total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases involving Windsor Locks residents to forty and the total number of those cases resulting in a death remains at five.
Windsor Locks citizens are asked to do all they can to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. According to the health department, we have entered a period of widespread community transmission, which means that we should not assume that the reported cases are the only infected people within our community.
Residents should follow the guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Connecticut Department of Public Health. The symptoms of COVID-19 are a dry cough, fever and shortness of breath.
- All residents should be practicing social distancing.
- Adults and children should remain home as much as possible.
- Stay home if you are sick except to seek emergency medical care or if advised by your physician.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Frequently wash hands with soap and water for a minimum of twenty seconds.
- Cover your cough and avoid touching your face.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces such as doorknobs, light switches, table and countertops.
Responsible citizenship requires that we take all needed steps to limit the spread of COVID-19.