Our Programs and Services Include:
- Adventure Bound (Middle School)
- Assessment and Counseling Referrals
- Babysitter's Training Class (Middle School)
- Connecting Cops and Kids Program (High School)
- Enrichment Activities (All ages)
- Family Bingo Night (All ages)
- First Aid, CPR, AED Training (Middle & High School)
- Girls Circle (Middle and High School)
- Holiday Craft Day (Elementary School)
- Home Alone Class (Ages 8 and up)
- Informational Materials
- Juvenile Review Board
- Kick Butts Day (High School)
- LEAD Camp (High School)
- Parent Workshops
- Red Ribbon Week (All ages)
- Shattered Dreams (High School- Every 4 years)
- Windsor Locks Wellness Coalition (All ages)
- Valentines for Veterans
- Youth Leadership Council (High School)
These programs are offered at different times during the year.
For more information regarding specific programs. Please contact the office at (860) 621-1482 or email: [email protected]
Youth Leadership Council
What is Youth Leadership Council (YLC)?
The Youth Leadership Council is a diverse group of Windsor Locks High School youth who are interested in learning more about leadership, assisting at community service events, and want to make their school and community better places for others. This group is co-sponsored by Windsor Locks Youth Services and Windsor Locks High School.
What are the expectations of YLC?
- You will make a commitment to attend YLC meetings.
- You will assist in leading activities and will volunteer for community events (community service hours will be given.)
- Participating in the underage drinking prevention campaign and events.
What are the benefits of joining YLC?
You will have the opportunity to:
Participate in a variety of interactive trainings,
Meet other youth,
Develop and practice leadership skills,
Earn community service credit at events and the potential for letters of recommendation.
Examples of Activities:
- Red Ribbon Week activities (October 23-31)
- Planning a Substance Free Activity Night (October or November)
- Teen Dating Violence Prevention
- Valentine’s Day event (February)
- Kick Butts Day at WLHS (March)
- Prom/Graduation Safety (April)
- Organize Freshman Events/Tours (July and August)
- Back to School Event (August)
Examples of Community Service Events:
- Contact the WLYSB office for Community Service Opportunities.