Veteran’s Discharges

Veteran Discharges (DD-214)

To receive a veteran’s exemption on the assessed value of your real or personal property, you must file your original DD-214 certificate (separation papers from active duty) in the Town Clerk’s office. You must file by September 30th to receive credit on the following year’s tax bill.

There is no fee for filing the DD-214.  A certified copy of your DD-214 previously filed with another town is acceptable if an original is not available.

Click here to download Form 180

For further information regarding your exemption, please contact the Assessor’s Office at 860-292-8696 EXT 2 or via email at [email protected]

Disposal of torn or tattered Flags

The process and tradition of properly retiring an American flag requires finding a disposal location in your area so that your American flag can be properly retired with the respect and gravity that it is entitled. The retirement of an American flag is a time-honored tradition and one that carries a great significance. Taking your flag to one of these flag disposal locations will ensure that the traditions and ceremony are utilized in the flag's retirement.


Flag Retirement Box Locations

Town Clerk's Office

Windsor Locks Town Hall

50 Church Street

Windsor Locks, CT 06096

American Legion

1 South Main Street

Windsor Locks, CT 06096