Game Licenses


Hunting permits, deer tags, pheasant tags and duck stamps, as well as hunting, fishing and trapping licenses can no longer be purchased from the Windsor Locks Town Clerk’s office.

You can choose to purchase them online at the State of Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP).

Complete list of all sport licenses and permit fees


Inland Fishing and Marine Fishing Licenses are available to Connecticut residents who are over 65 years of age free of charge upon presentation of a Connecticut Driver’s License or Passport. Hunting Licenses for those over 65 are also available to those who can show proof of having a prior hunting license within the last 5 years or a Certificate of Completion of a hunter’s safety course recognized by the State of Connecticut.


The Marine Waters Fishing License (also known as a Saltwater Fishing License) is an annual sport fishing license issued on a calendar year basis. Anyone age 16 or older, fishing (taking or attempting to take fish or bait species) from shore or from a boat in the marine district of this state or landing marine fish or bait species in Connecticut taken from offshore waters is required to have one.

Connecticut Marine Licenses are currently being honored by New York (for boundary waterways only), Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and Maine. Please see DEEP’s website for additional information.