The goal of the Economic & Industrial Development Commission is to increase growth in our Grand List by pursuing the following objectives:
• Identifying in-fill and redevelopment opportunities;
• Attracting new businesses to Windsor Locks;
• Facilitating the growth of our existing businesses;
• Developing new areas of opportunity through the leveraging of State, Federal, local and private resources; and
• Providing recommendations to the Selectmen regarding business-related issues.
The EIDC meets on the fourth Thursday of each month at 6:30 p.m. at Town Hall.
2022 Meeting Dates, click here.
Are you a small scale manufacturer/artisan, maker of small batch products (handbags, hot sauce, baked goods)? We are working with ReCast City to support your businesses, starting with developing a contact list database.
Director of Planning & Economic Development
David G. Montemerlo, Jr.
Fundamentals of Municipal Economic Development: A Transformational Approach
On May 23, 2019, the Windsor Locks EIDC hosted a Connecticut Economic Resource Center workshop. Slides from the presentation can be downloaded here.