Housing Resources
Saturday March 25, 2017


50 Church Street, Windsor Locks, CT 06096

Security Deposit Guarantee through CRT

You may get help with your apartment security deposit!

You may be able to move into a new apartment, thanks to a Security Deposit Guarantee. This is not a payment, but an agreement backed by the State of Connecticut. It promises to pay the landlord if the tenant damages the apartment.
When the tenant moves in, the landlord receives a voucher instead of a cash security deposit. If the apartment is damaged, the landlord works with the state to get money to fix that damage. Staff is located in Hartford and Middletown. Staff speak English and Spanish.
To Apply 
Call (860) 560-5800 and ask for a security deposit appointment. An intake specialist will call you back. We will schedule an appointment if you meet certain qualifications. Walk-in appointments are not taken at this time.
Residents of Hartford and Middlesex counties may apply. Customers must be income eligible, and meet other conditions. Please call to see if we can help! 
For more information
Security Deposit Guarantee
Address: 395 Wethersfield Avenue, Hartford
Telephone: (860) 560-5800
Office Hours: Mon - Fri 8 am - 4 pm
Eviction & Foreclosure Prevention



Learn what you can do to keep your home or apartment and avoid eviction or foreclosure

CRT helps individuals and families who think they may be losing their homes. Tenants learn about their rights in the eviction process. Landlords learn about their responsibilities in housing matters. Homeowners learn how to rework mortgage payments. Workshops are available to help people manage their money and understand landlord-tenant rights.Residents from Hartford or Middlesex counties can get help to avoid eviction or foreclosure. CRT offers three services to help people keep their homes or apartments.

  • Housing Mediation – A neutral person negotiates an agreement that is fair to both the tenant and landlord (if renting) or homeowner and lender
  • Cash payments – Cash may be available only for back rent and mortgage payments. The decision to make a payment is based on:
  • Household income
  • Cost of housing
  • Ability to make future payments on time
  • Mortgage Modification – The payment schedule is changed so homeowner can make regular payments

To Apply
Contact one of the following offices for an intake screening.

  • Hartford County, 395 Wethersfield Avenue, (860) 560-5881
  • If eligible, a meeting will be set up to continue the application process.

‍Bring the following paper work to the meeting:

  • Photo ID
  • Social Security cards for all household members
  • Birth certificates for all household members
  • Proof of income
  • Proof of address
  • Proof of eviction or foreclosure
  • Proof of amount owed
  • Proof of hardship

For more information

Hartford County
Phone: (860) 560-5881
Office Hours: Mon - Fri 8 am – 4 pm
395 Wethersfield Avenue, Hartford
You can also call 211 for current information about Housing


online permits 



Pay Taxes





WPCA Sewer Payments